Tired of making the drive over to Chipotle just to spend $10 on a salad or bowl?! Try this recipe and eat like a king all week! (And remember – guac isn’t extra at home!) – Copycat Chipotle Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef
- 2 chipotle peppers (from a can) (minced) (plus some of the adobo sauce it sits in)
- ½ bunch cilantro (chopped)
- ½ medium red onion (cut into large chunks)
- ½ head garlic (peeled and cloves smashed)
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ Tablespoon salt
- 2 limes
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 3 ½ pounds beef chuck roast
- 3 cups beef stock
- 3 bay leaves
- Taco/Burrito Bowl Ingredients: rice, shredded cheese, corn tortillas, diced onions, cilantro (minced), salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc…
- Place the chipotle peppers and their sauce, cilantro, red onion, garlic, clove, salt, lime juice, and cider vinegar in your slow cooker.
- Cut the beef into 3-4 large pieces (to help it fit better in the slow cooker) and place on top of the mixture.
- Add beef stock to the slow cooker and place the bay leaves on top.
- Cook 8 to 10 hours on low.
- Once the meat is done cooking, use 2 forks to pull it apart.
- Place the shredded beef in a large bowl and ladle the cooking liquid over the top a few scoops at a time to keep it moist.
- Serve meat in tacos or as a burrito bowl. Enjoy!!!