The end of summer calls for an ice cream celebration. And what better way to celebrate than with a lower in fat, sugar-free peanut buttery scoop! This ice cream is filled with little tricks – cashew milk to cut the calories a bit, erythritol to cut out sugar completely, and vodka to keep it all o-so creamy. This sugar-free keto-friendly peanut butter swirl ice cream will no doubt satisfy that craving while keeping your goals in mind!!!
- 1/2 Cup Heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened Cashew milk (I find it to be slightly creamier than almond milk)
- 1/4 Cup Erythritol (Swerve brand granulated sweetener)
- 3 Large Egg yolks
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Xanthan gum
- 1 Tablespoon Vodka (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut butter
- Pour heavy cream, cashew milk, and erythritol into a pot on the stove and heat over low heat to a gentle simmer until the erythritol has dissolved. Do not let boil.
- While the pot is heating up, in a separate bowl, whisk the vanilla extract into the egg yolks.
- Temper the eggs by pouring in a ladle of the hot cream while whisking continuously. This helps to heat them up before pouring them in the hot cream (so you don’t get scrambled egg ice cream).
- Pour the tempered eggs into the hot cream and whisk on a very low flame.
- Add ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum into the hot cream and egg mixture and mix well until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and add vodka. (This helps to lower the freezing point of the mixture and keep it soft – don’t worry! you won’t taste it in the end! #SCIENCE!!!) Chill mixture until cooled.
- Once cool, add it to an ice cream maker and churn.
- Once the ice cream has thickened up in the ice cream maker, add peanut butter so it swirls in.
- Serve immediately for soft serve or store in the freezer for slightly harder ice cream.
For Entire Recipe – Calories: 802 Carbs: 67g Fat: 70.5g Protein: 15.6g