One of Dan’s many favorite sweet treats is Snickerdoodles. (I say ‘many’ because the man has a serious sweet tooth!!) So how do I satisfy the big guy’s cravings while keeping his macros in mind? By getting creative in the kitchen of course! These Snickerdoodles are not only gluten-free but sugar-free AND keto-friendly for all of you keto lovers out there!!
- 4 Tablespoons Butter (softened)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Erythritol + 3 teaspoons Erythritol (Swerve – granulated)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter, egg, almond flour, 1/4 cup erythritol, vanilla, baking soda, and cream of tartar to a bowl and mix until combined. The dough will look like wet sand.
- Shape dough into 12 balls (approximately 25grams per ball).
- Mix 3 teaspoons erythritol and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Roll dough balls into erythritol/cinnamon mixture until well coated.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy!!!! (Pro-Tip: We ate ours by dipping them into Cool Whip first!)
For Entire Recipe (Not including the erythritol/cinnamon mixture it was rolled in) – Calories: 1,573 Carbs: 52g Fat: 133g Protein: 42g
Per Cookie (Not including the erythritol/cinnamon mixture it was rolled in) – Calories: 131 Carbs: 4.3g Fat: 11g Protein: 3.5g